We are beyond pleased to announce that The Friends recently contributed $100,000 to the Ashland Library lower level renovation project. It is especially satisfying to make this gift on behalf of all the Friends. We were able to contribute such a significant amount due to the ongoing generosity of the Friends, recent bequests, and the continuing success of our lobby book sales.
The remodel includes new paint, lighting, and carpet throughout. There will also be technology upgrades, plus new user-friendly tables and chairs in both the Gresham and Guanajuato rooms. In addition, both the staff break room and the public kitchen have been updated. It feels especially good to contribute to the project, as the meeting rooms are community hubs, and the upgrades will enhance everyone’s experience in using both rooms.
While the technology upgrades are still in progress, the rooms remain unavailable, but watch for an opening announcement in the Jackson County Library Services website and newsletters.
Members who attended the annual meeting via Zoom on March 12 voted to elect the following board members for 2022-2024 terms:
- Leslie Dawson, book sale team captain
- Teresa Montgomery, secretary
- Gail Smashey, recognitions and events committee member
- Nicky Stanke, finance committee member, book sale team
- Donna Wright, Chamber of Commerce liaison
They join Ashland Library Manager Kristin Anderson, library liaison, and these board members, who are serving terms for 2021-2023:
- Karen Clarke, finance committee member
- Diane Engelhardt, membership committee chair
- Pat Fuhrman, recognitions and events committee member
- Elaine Hamlin, membership committee member
- Bonnie Johnson, recognitions and events committee chair
- Cathy Prazenica, treasurer, finance committee chair, membership and bylaws committees member
- Karen Spence, president, ex-officio all committees
Board member Cathy Prazenica is part of the team planning an Osher Lifelong Learning Insti- tute (OLLI) class titled “Jackson County Library Opportunities.” The three 1 hour sessions will be from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursdays, May 19, May 26, and June 2, via Zoom. Each session will include presentations by library personnel on the many services and programs offered by the library system. Go to: olli.sou.edu website to register for the free series.
Thank you to all who have renewed your membership for 2022. If you haven’t yet renewed, it is easy to do so. You can pay online at our website: www.friendsofashlandlibrary.org.